среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

enemies of snow leopards





Wednesday Jon and i caught a ride up to Vancouver with some of his friends, Krystal, her boyfriend and Dan. They were really awesome people so the ride was fun and easy :) We got into Vancouver around mid afternoon, the sun was shining, it was a beautiful day...we entered by way of granville bridge and of course all those shiny modern glass buildings sitting on the water made me go WHOAAA IM MOVING HOME RIGHT NOW it was THAT gorgeous

Stopped in the South Granville rise area so Jon could do some paperwork and everyone could look around and then off to English Bay so that Dan, who had never been to vancouver could see how naturally beautiful this city is...and so that Krystal who loves sweets can try my favourite... A cupcake from cupcakes (An aside, i didnt know they opened a Bearded Papa Cream Puffs next door, if you havent tried it, GO GO GO. You have not yet lived).

After that i parted ways with everyone to go get the keys to the lovely kylaapos;s apartment and to meet up with Kels at her house to get ready before we all reunited at the show. Gravemaker, Outbreak, Misery Signals, Shai Hulud, Bane, Comeback Kid yeah BIG show. My first show in FOREVER. I had lots of fun, saw lots of friends who ive been missing so so so much It was all in all an amazing day.

Thursday Didnt really sleep til 4am the night before so i slept in wayyyyy late and then out shopping with Soma. I think we started with late lunch at Phnom Penh. Of course their famous garlic chicken wings, pure love. I made it a point to go visit all my friends who work on robson street it was so nice seeing everyone again and catching up :) Of course i spent a shit ton of money but i tried my best to keep it under control... A little flapper style ruffle tiered tank top in black and a high waisted black wool tulip skirt in black, both at Aritzia of course. I also bought black Keds, i think i prefer them from Vans Eras.
Afterwards we went back to West Van and studied...me for my dumb GRE exams and her for her midterms

Saturday Stopped at VFS to hang out with kelsey, morgan and pat doing a photoshoot for one of morganapos;s projects. Tarot cards, so cool Spent a few hours hanging out there and then proceeded to go downtown to run some errands. Of course everything i need to do is closed on saturday...assholes. I extend my trip to monday for this reason (unbeknownst to me, monday is CANADIAN THANKSGIVING).
At night i get to do the late night Tanpopo All-you-can-eat sushi experience with Pat, Andy and company Yay Two words- food coma.
Being the grandma i am i refused to party and settled into a comfortable stupor with Kerouac at hand.

Sunday Cream puffs and English Bay.

Monday It was POURING and i had no idea...i stepped out of the apartment (in railtown) to go to my lunch appointment with Meg and immediately i was soaking wet. Because of this i decided not to walk through Gastown and instead walk to main and hastings and take the bus from there. Im so glad i did, i got to the bus stop and all the hobos/crazies/what-have-you were all there yelling compliments, talking to me, asking me if i want to buy an umbrella etc etc. People are so scared of the downtown eastside and it has a stigma, but i swear the people here are some of the friendliest people i have ever come across in my life. They are awesome and even though their lives suck a lot of them dont wear a chip on their shoulder. I used to work in the neighbourhood at a home for people with schizophrenia and i didnt realize it til then.

Anyway, lunch with Meg at Cafe Crepe yummmmm. And then...SHOPPING ahhh i know i know i cant help it. But i was good, all i bought was a much needed umbrella at HM. It was a close call though.

Afterwards i was invited to Thanksgiving dinner at Somaapos;s childhood friendapos;s house, Anne. It was delicious...mmmm turkey, potatoes done two ways, millefeuille, cream puffs, alcoholic strawberries. Yum It was amazing i am drooling just thinking about it.

Today
Since today everything was open i resumed completing my errands before coming back to Seattle. Doctor, check. Bank, check. Mailbox, check. Voting...what a nightmare, it took me two hours cuz they sent me across the city to another polling booth, but still, check. I am an amazing citizen. The things i dooooo.

Now i am back in Seattle, sitting here eating this:

it is heaven, go buy it.
enemies of snow leopards, enemies of rome, enemies of reality video, enemies of reality tab.



Комментариев нет: